Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hong Kong in Lomo

  I happened to sneak a little r&r in Hong Kong last July 28-30, 2012. The reason? Arsenal FC were in town for their Asia Tour of 2012.

I took a lot of photos during my trip in HK both on my mobile phone and camera. I used an app (or application) Man with A Camera that gives a lomo (lomography) effect on the photos I took.
Arrived 30 minutes past 12 in the morning on the 28th.
Rode this double decker to TST.Bus A21.It's got wifi! Wee!

I spent 2 hours or so wondering in the promenade! It was a surreal feeling that I was actually in HK!

The famous Hong Kong Skyline

After months of reminding me to redeem my tickets via my e-mail (They even gave a call before I left.), I was able to get my match tickets from the ticketing machine by swiping the credit card that I used for the transaction.

Oh look! Freebies! Arsenal is spoiling us to rot! Thank you!

Four hundred Arsenal fans were invited exclusively by the club itself.


At the Fans Party. We were able to meet Kyle Bartley (now with Swansea), Carl Jenkinson, Johan Djourou and Vito Mannone. Filipino Arsenal fans were positioned up front!


HK's elderly residents perform group exercises in parks. They repeatedly tap certain parts of the body accompanied by music.


Cheap thrill: Ferry ride to HK island

I was addicted to the McCafe hazelnut latte



Wasabi flavored dip? You bet! I got hooked on it. I don't mind if I have to pay HK$1 for me to dip my fries!

Finally, I was able to watch Arsenal at play LIVE and in the FLESH!


We petted this fat kitty. She lives near Chow Yun Fat's neighborhood.

I survived my HK lamierda. Thanks to this octopus card! ^_^


Olivier was my companion while waiting for my flight home.


2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    My name is Rochielle and I'm from the UK. I was wondering if you are an Arsenal fan living in Cebu? I am planning to do a documentary film about international Arsenal fans and I'm looking for an Arsenal fan living in Cebu. I know that there is an Arsenal Supporters Club in Manila but I'd really like to explore Cebu.

    Hope to hear from you soon,
    Rochielle Parkes
    rochielleparkes@googlemail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ms. Parkes! Yes, I'm a Gooner from Cebu. I'm actually interested. I'll send you an email.

    ReplyDelete