Saturday, April 28, 2012

Arsenal Twitter Takeover: When Somebody Answered My Question

For already three occasions, Arsenal FC had a Twitter Takeover (TT) wherein fans all over the world ask some random questions to some selected first team players from the Arsenal. I missed the first two TTs because I was not informed (first TT) and I was busy with work (second TT). I was so disappointed because I missed the opportunity to ask questions to my current Arsenal crushes who were featured in first two editions.

But when they announced that there'll be another TT coming, I said to myself, I must participate on this one! I have to thank the universe for cooperating with me last April 26. The boss was not around, no clients bugging me at the 11th hour and we were done with the patients. So I went to the office laptop and shoot some questions:

First up was, Kieran Gibbs, a left-back.

1. Do you read comic books?

2. Who's your usual roommate?
3. Do you have a pregame ritual?

~Arsenal.com initially favorited my question that is in bold face, then retweeted it!
~Arsenal then tweeted, Kieran says: "I do the same thing every game, I have done it for years. It's the order that I do things."



Photo evidence
First player on the hot seat answered my question! A really proud moment as a Gooner!

Next up was goalie, Wojciech Szczesny! Yup, that's his name! If his name is a word, you'll win the scrabble game.

1. Who is the club bully?

2. Favorite fragrance.
3. Are you religious? Who is your favorite saint?

Third in line was club captain, Robin van Persie, who is really sitting on a hot seat over contract negotiations with the club.

1. Why did you refuse Ruud Gullit's offer to stay at Feyenoord?
2. Do you speak or understand another language other than Dutch and English?

3. What is your favorite Chef Rob dish?*

*This question was asked to all players of Arsenal. Chef Rob Fagg is the Arsenal FC chef who goes with them wherever they go. He is known to serve healthy dishes such as steamed broccoli and such.
~Arsenal favorited the "Chef Rob dish". I was anticipating for a retweet because I am sure Robin will answer it. But my luck ran out. Sigh.

RvP was followed by the ever crocked, Abou Diaby, a midfielder. I never thought I will be shooting so many questions at him. He only plays (brilliantly most of the time) for 30 odd minutes, and goes out of the game injured. He is such an enigma!

1. Who do you think among the lads can have a career as a singer?

2. What were you thinking or doing while you had your long lay-off due to injury?
3. Coissant or baguette?
4. Why aren't you updating your Twitter?
5. Aside from English or French, what other languages do you speak or understand?
6. Favorite non-French teammate at Arsenal.

7. You look like Samuel L. Jackson. Would you consider him to portray you if you'll have a biopic?
8. What do you mix with your tea: milk, lemon or honey?

The TT started with a left back and it ended with a right back, Bacary Sagna.



1. You've got a pretty wife. What did you do to have her?*
*A very TMZ-esque question, right?
2. Do you speak or understand Spanish and Portuguese? You seemed to get along with Mikel Arteta and Andre Santos.



I can't wait for the next TT. I had a guess that RvP and Wojciech were going to be featured in the third edition. Hopefully in the next TT, Per Mertesacker will be included. I already have a question just for him! He he he!



No comments:

Post a Comment